"The holiness of Jesus is a redemptive holiness that does not separate itself from the world, but liberates it." - Alan Hirsch

"One great power of sin is that it blinds men so that they do not recognize its true character." –Andrew Murray

"Where I found truth, there found I my God, who is the truth itself." –Augustine

"If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him.” -C.T. Studd

"If you look upon ham and eggs and lust, you have already committed breakfast in your heart." –C.S. Lewis

"Immanuel, God with us in our nature, in our sorrow, in our lifework, in our punishment, in our grave, and now with us, or rather we with Him, in resurrection, ascension, triumph, and Second Advent splendor." –Charles Spurgeon

"Beware you are not swallowed up in books! An ounce of love is worth a pound of knowledge."
–John Wesley

"Once in seven years I burn all my sermons; for it is a shame, if I cannot write better sermons now than I did seven years ago." –John Wesley

"Serve God by doing common actions in a heavenly spirit, and then, if your daily calling only leaves you cracks and crevices of time, fill them up with holy service." –Charles Spurgeon

"Our lives play a vital role in the unfolding purposes of God. More is at stake in discipleship than personal salvation"
- Alan Hirsch

"His death was sufficient for all; it was efficient in the case of many." –John Calvin

"Wherever we see the Word of God purely preached and heard, there a church of God exists, even if it swarms with many faults."
–John Calvin

"I have held many things in my hands, and have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." –Martin Luther

1 Interesting Statements:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the useful set of quotes!

top